Monday 27 February 2012

The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore

Please forgive the diversion from regular content, but I am compelled to share this. 


The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore (2011) won the richly deserved award for Best Animated Short at this year's Oscars. 

'Inspired, in equal measures, by Hurricane Katrina, Buster Keaton, the Wizard of Oz, and a love of books, The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore is a poignant, humorous allegory about the curative powers of story.' (From IMDB)

Please spare fifteen minutes to watch this beautiful film, if you can.  I was in tears (and care not who knows it), but you do not have to be a nauseating idiot like me to enjoy and be moved by it.



2 comments:

  1. It made me cry, too. I bought it on iTunes so I can watch it over and over and cry every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still did after the third viewing.

      I wonder if there's anyway I can buy it other than in electronic form. I want to keep it too.

      Delete