Monday 10 October 2011

Ornithomimid Triumphant

The great David Orr of Love in the Time of Chasmosaurs (whom I really think we ought to start calling 'Solomon') mentioned in his latest Mesozoic Miscellany that he wished to see 'An ornithomimid triumphant over a tyrannosaur'.  I do not think this was quite what he had in mind...


I had originally hoped to draw a Kinnareemimus teaching a Siamotyrannus a lesson, but what with both creatures being represented by highly fragmentary remains and Siamotyrannus now being considered a probable carnosaur, I decided against it.  On the other hand, given the absurdity of this scene, I don't suppose it would have mattered much...

And I'm afraid there is a second part to this.  Yes.

In the meantime, however, for a perfectly plausible and far superior version of a triumphant ornithomimid, I highly recommend this excellent drawing by DeviantArtist Pilsator.  I also know that Durbed is working on a 'Deinocheirus jabbing a tyrannosaur in the eye' at Marc's suggestion as we speak. 


3 comments: